Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Looking foward to Atlanta

Its never too early to look forward to the SEC Basketball Tournament because all teams qualify. I have never been, but look foward to making my first trip this spring with my father and wife. It should be a good year to attend with our returning cast. Here is the schedule of future dates and sites:

2008 - March 13-16 Atlanta, Ga. (Georgia Dome)
2009 - March 12-15 Tampa, Fla. (St. Petersburg Times Forum)
2010 - March 11-14 Nashville, Tenn. (Gaylord Entertainment Center)
2011 - March 10-13 Atlanta, Ga. (Georgia Dome)
2012 - March 11-14 New Orleans, La. (New Orleans Arena)

There is as link for your viewing pleasure at the bottom of the blog of the tournament highlights. Does anyone have any favorite memories from the tournament?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of my favorite memories from the SEC Tournament:

1. The look of shock and dismay on Jackson, Mississippi native Maurice Williams' face when, with Alabama trailing the Bulldogs with just seconds left in the SEC Tournament championship game, he was forced into a held ball by a Bulldog guard, giving the Bulldogs the basketball and the SEC Tournament championship!

How sweet it was, for more reasons than one!

2.Jamont Gordon's shot that sent the game into overtime, and the following victory over Kentucky in last year's Tournament.

Auburn Elvis said...

Just found your blog in my ongoing research about this year's tournament.
My family has made the Men's Tournament an annual spring vacation for a few years now (a recreation of a family tradition my folks started when I was a child).
Each year we try to refine our tourney experience. A few weeks ago, I wrote the first post (in what I hope will be a series) with tips for making the most of the Men's SEC Tournament.
I hope to see you there (I'll be the guy in the Auburn Elvis suit.)