Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hard on the Heart

The game yesterday was hard on the heart. Myself, like most of the fans in the Hump were emotionaly drained upon our victorious exit. There is only one way to describe it, the dogs just gutted it out. I don't care to see Arkansas again this season. We have never matched up very well against their current lineup and we could struggle on a neutral court. That was one of the most physical games I have seen played at the Hump in awhile. One thing I have been very impressed with this season is the dogs ability to break the press. Barry and Charles just outhustled the hogs down the court in the first half. FT's was the difference and our recent turnaround is nothing short of amazing. As I watch every passing game, I like Elgin's play more and more. The most entertaining part of the game to me was watching Hill trying to get position against Elgin, it was not happening. As most saw, Ravern has some serious athletic ability. One last comment, Jamont's blocks to end the last possesion of the game was fantastic. Up two with six to go. I'm sticking to my guns with a 4-2 finish with 21 wins heading into the tournament. I sure the team would agree with me in not being on the bubble heading into the tournament would be nice. Next, off to Oxford. I'm heading to the Tad Pad on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to heading into the heart of enemy territory.

Romans 10:17 Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bread and butter are out of the bag and into an sec arena near you. Enjoy the show.

Anonymous said...

Anyone else kinda ho-hum about where we are right now? We are exactly where I expected us to be at this point. The only thing that really sticks out to me are deficiencies at this point. Not to take anything away from Arkansas but winning the SEC West just doesn't mean a whole lot to me, not like it used to.

It's all about late March to me now... and I don't feel like this team has been battle tested with the BIG W's to prove it.

I hope the boys prove me wrong.

Anonymous said...

Like Tom Petty would say, don't back down now dawgs! Love the way we have stepped up and hit the FTs.

Arliss said...

I totally agree with late March. I take it a step further than that. I use to put so much stock in rankings and pre season. But all that matters to me is your SEC record. UM is finding that out the hard way. We are 8-2 in the SEC. We win 12 and everything else will take care of itself.

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet ya yesterday Arliss - sorry I was so busy!

Arliss said...

Good to meet you too.

Unknown said...

Agree with every word of original post. Took a while to relax after this game. Arky is tough and very experienced (6 seniors). Glad it's over and hope we don't have to face them again.

Bailey was very impressive and played his best game.. O-rebounds, rebounds, put-backs. Bailey is a monster!

Ravern played good and showed no hesitation on that dunk. He also played good defense and hustled. Ravern's only mistake was the TO.. but he may be passing Benock on the rotation.

Speaking of rotation... seems Ravern and Riley have passed Turner on guard rotation. Ravern may be first guard in (not Riley) and Bailey may be first big in (not B Johnson).

Unknown said...

Forgot to mention..

4-2 record over last 6 games looks about right. We are already in the NCAA tourn. The committee already has Dawgs marked down.. it's just a matter of seeding at this point. Dawgs have earned spot by going 12-2 in last 14 games and 5-2 road record. Only SEC team with better road record is Tenn 8-1.

Dawgs also boast 3 players in Rivals top-25 at each position: Gordon #1 PG, Rhodes #13 PF and Varnado #20 C. Dawgs are only SEC team to have 3 players ranked.