Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Friday, September 21, 2007

I Got to Wondering


and I guess that could be dangerous b/c wondering leads to me to thinking. There are two ways to gauge how many fans frequent this site, hits on my profile and votes on the pole. I''ve had as many as 30 comments on one topic and had several KY media grace our presence (thanks to Scotty Hopson). I've heard several credible sources say that the number should of participants should grow into the thousands once the season starts. I set it up where everyone would be able to comment whether you register or not. So, if you registered or not I would like to do a role call of sorts and I wold like to thank my regular posters who when this site really takes off can take credit for being some of the original posters, sorry if I don't name you but you need to register. So just reply registered or not with a personal signature. So in no certain order thanks to:
A special thanks to 001
Zombie Dog
mstateglfr
kurt w
tom
captaindawg
the poster formally known as the Mystic
jdelta022
Bob1935
souldog
msulawdawg
nathan
And thanks to the KY Media for participating.

One side note, for the first time in awhile I bought a book and did not put it down until I finished it(read it in about 4 hours). It is called 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. It is the story of a man who was killed instantly when his car was run over by an 18 wheeler and he came back to life 90 minutes after he was pronounced dead at the scene. It is a story of pastor who saw heaven, stood at the pearly gates and was brought back to earth and spent the next 15 months learning how to walk again. A very good book to let you realize how thankful we are to do the simple things in life. Every once in a while, it is a good reminder to take a step back from your life and take a look from outside looking in and not look the other way around like we all tend to think. Thanks to all who participate in this blog and I'm looking forward to future participation and the season to come. I have a couple of more posts and I will start breaking down the schedule next week. Thanks for all who participate and I'm looking forward to all future participation. - Arliss

16 comments:

TampaDawg said...

I don't post comments very often but I come to the site everyday. Keep up the great work, it is very much appreciated.

Arliss said...

Thanks tampadog, I'm always interested to see who visits the site.

Anonymous said...

I've posted a good few as anonymous and visit about once a day - thanks for doing what you do.

JDarg

Anonymous said...

I don't understand what you are looking for as far as registering....but no sweat, keep up the good work!!

Arliss said...

I'm not looking for everyone to register, I'm just curious who the readers are.

Anonymous said...

But, what do you mean by "register"?

Arliss said...

Your registered Kurt, most blogs don't let people post anonymously, and you have to be regestered with a username to comment.

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay...got ya! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Good Site Arliss. Its keeps me from having to filter Genes' Page to find the basketball discussion.

-RiverCityDawg

Anonymous said...

I enjoy the site Arliss; basketball and witnessing.

captaindawg

ttmerit said...

thanks for the great job you do with Dawg's basketball. this is my primary source of info. i visit every day. cannot wait till the season starts. (you are a great witness for HIM.)

Anonymous said...

arliss-

a blog like this was longoverdue. thanks for startin it up and continuing to run it.
i assume it is a labor of love for ya, and it really is appreciated by me. ill go out on a limb and say that the rest of the 'regulars' appreciate the great job too.

bulldog basketball is still second fiddle to football, and itll probably always be that way. such is the tradition and attitude of MSU fans. thats fine, but that sure doesnt mean bulldog basketball needs to 'shut down' during football season.
one of the things ive always thought would kinda show that MSU has become a big time player in the national basketball scene is if our team and basketball in general can be discussed year round by a large part of our fanbase. well, this site is the beginning of that year round discussion.

thanks for setting the foundation Arliss.

now, ive registered 4 times now, but it never works on my home or work computer. thats why i always end up posting 'anonymously'. im really not sure why it wont work. its not like im computer illiterate, but this just stumps me. oh well.

-mstateglfr

Tom said...

Love the site. Keep it up.

"In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation (a peace offering or appeasement) for our sins." The Apostle John (the Elder as he was affectionately known by the early church, mainly because he was the last living Apostle, and the only one who died of old age)- I John 4:10.

Anonymous said...

There are probably many many readers for every "poster", so I would imagine you have a pretty good readership, and that it will "explode" during basfketball season.

There are still quite a few Mississippi State fans who are "basketball first".

(There are even some who are "basketball only" like me!(.

Keep up the good work.This is my favorite website in the Universe.

-Souldog

Anonymous said...

Arliss,
Thanks for doing this. I absolutely love getting a basketball "fix" daily. Your verse of the day is also inspiring and a great witness.

B Squared said...

I'm a reader that usually uses bloglines as an aggregator so don't forget about those folks. A tool I use is from statcounter.com, it will track how many vistor's unique and not unique you have.

I am also an 02 grad and live in Brandon to help with your demographic search