Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Thursday, July 5, 2007

07-08 Schedule

Since we are already talking about MSU's slate for the upcoming season, next year slate is going to be possibly one of the home schedules we've ever seen. We have return games with Clemson, Missouri, and Miami. If that wasn't good enough we have KY and TN coming to Hump. If people ask, how the west will be won, it will have to start by putting a beat down on KY and TN. Well, I would be surprised if was a beat down, but the TN match could see the same two team battling for the overall title in late February. I've got my Bulldog Club donation in and priority seating will be here before we know it. I heard someone ask if we would be play an away game with Winthrop this season, I assume so, they graduated most of their key players from last season, but we all know not to let that fool us, ex. George Mason. That game and USC still make me sick at my stomach. Going to be a hell of a schedule, the pre SEC attendance numbers should be up. Looking forward to it. Stans said he was one team away from a full schedule, anyone have any ideas?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So far we have the California tournament, the SEC schedule, Miami, Missouri, Clemson, and LA Tech. Has anyone heard if we are playing in Jackson? I go back and forth about whether I’d rather see a big name or a team we can beat badly so everyone can play. Ideally I guess I’d like to play a “name” team from a BCS conference during a down year.

Anonymous said...

If we could add a team, any team, I'd like to see an improbable matchup with Louisville. Home and away. Away first and then hello Reggie Delk in another year.

As for Kentucky and Tennessee, I think we can handle UK fairly easily. I believe that Gillespie will have a "so-so" introduction to the SEC, at least by blue mist standards. Tennessee is a horse of a different color though. That should be the game of the year on our regular schedule.



Zombiedawg - ZD in future posts.

Anonymous said...

Even though I make all the games with our season tickets at the Hump, I would too like to see a matchup in Jackson. IT's nice to see Rhodes play at his full potential in those games. Tenn. is going to be an interesting team to watch. Reminds me of that Xavier team from a few years ago...solid front line, great guard play, HOWEVER, just as that Xavier team saw....Live by the three, Die by the three.

P.Holley

Arliss said...

Kennedy has finally caught on to Stans and is planning a game in Jackson, Andy is a good coach, but get a clue, he will be signing our 2nd tier recurits for years to come.

Anonymous said...

I don't care for a matchup with Louisville, just don't think it would prove anything.( I'll confess, I did graduate work at Louisville).

I think I'm a "voice crying in the Wilderness" but I've always thought we should play home and away in Chicago against a team we would beat every year.Say Northwestern and UICC or Chicago-Loyola (rematch of the famous game from the early sixties).

The reason is that no place in America has as many Mississippi migrants as Chicago, and I would hope that we might create some fans and maybe recruit up there some.

(It might even be nice if we had an assistant coach- a recruiter really-who knew ChiTown!).

Just an idea.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!