Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Romero in Vegas

Romeo Osby's AAU Southeast Elite played in the GBOA Challenge of Champions this weekend in Vegas. Day One: Southeast Elite 56, DC Assault 43. Day 2: Southeast Elite 76, Team Odom 62. Romero 's teammate Courtney Fourtson, grabbed the headlines with 20 points on the first day. If you haven't heard already, Romero doesn't grab all the headlines on his AAU team, he is surrounded by very talented guards. It doesn't look like Romero will be climbing the rankings as Scotty has done this summer. But Romero still looks to be a lock for Mr. Basketball in MS and a top 40 player in the nation. I haven't been able to find any stats for Romero as of late Sunday, but I did notice that he was the player mentioned when talking about the Southeast Elite by the Las Vegas Review Journal, that has to be worth something getting recognition by a writer from Las Vegas.

Matthew 25:21 "His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is why I have always hated summer AAU ball. When I was playing in high school back in the late 90s it was the same way. I was a forward that only got my points the hard way because of all the ball hoggin pre-madona guards that would take every shot and leave us to clean up their misses.

PHolley
MSUDOG23