Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Friday, July 6, 2007

Nicknames


I would like everyone's suggestion on nicknames for our players, here is what I've come up with so far:
Jarvis Varnado - The Human Fly Swatter and Mr. Efficiency
Jamont Gordon - The Floor General
Ben Hansbrough - The Hardest Working Man in Basketball
Barry Stewart - Sweetness
Charles - The Beast, already had that nickname
Brain Johnson - The Janitor

For future recruits, I think a good name for Scotty Hopson will be Stinger, b/c he will be stinging the nets.
Any suggestions for Romero, Phil, maybe event Kodi and Elgin. What do yall think?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamont(Flash)Gordon, Scotty(Skywalker)Hopson

Anonymous said...

Also, Jamont(Slash)Gordon. He's a point guard/shooting guard/wing/power forward. Also, a point/forward. Scotty(Sky Lab)Hopson

Anonymous said...

I think "The Osby Show" should be reserved for Romero.

"Skylab" is great for Scotty.

Beyond that, I'm at a loss.

ZD

Doxiedawg said...

Should we wait to nickname until guys have signed with us? I wouldn't want one of them to be bothered if he doesn't like the nickname picked for him at State. Just wondered.

Arliss said...

Doxie, I think players see nicknames and it just shows how excited the fanbase is about their arrival.

Anonymous said...

Jarvis is "Swat".

Ravern is "Rave"

I probably should wait until I see the other guys, but "what the hey".

Elgin "Bear" or "The Bear" Bailey

Brian "Windex" Johnson ( for the way he cleans the glass).

Charles - Either "The Beast" or "The Elevator" because of his vertical.

Anonymous said...

Another nickname possibility for Ben Hansbough: "Blood and Guts".