- This team is young but experienced
- We have to find depth off the bench from our freshmen
- Phil Turner - biggest change for Phil growing up mentally, he is a great passer, he has made the adjustments and is one of the team's most athletic shooters
- Ben, Barry, Jarvis - all 3 have to play at a higher level mentally & physically
- Don't be surprised if Barry plays some point guard this season and look for him to be the 3rd scoring option, last season he was piece, now he has to be a big part
- Jamont - you have to let Jamont do the things that he does well
- We have 3 freshmen who can shoot the ball
- We have to get better and defending and rebounding the ball
- Expectations for Charles - play with more consistently- energy wise - improve in the effort category
- On Schedule - we find out how good we are early.
- Kodi Augustus- Coach has as much confidence in him as any shooter on the floor. When he has the ball he will have the green light to shoot it.
- Ravern - needs strength, Ravern gets exposed out on the wing, needs to make adjustments
- Brian - needs to get confidence back in his knee
- Toughest guy this year - Jamont, others Ben and Barry
- Elgin - he is physically and mentally tough, just doesn't understand the game yet, likes his potential
- Benock -biggest surprise shooting the 3, you don't want to leave him open, coach loves where he is going.
- Open Scrimmage set for 4 PM
Monday, October 22, 2007
Basketball Press Conference
Coach Rick Stansbury held his annual preseason media gathering today. Here are some of the highlights of how Coach Stansbury feels about the upcoming season and players from the press conference: