Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Friday, August 31, 2007

Let's Talk Schedule

I've spent the last hour our so looking at the schedule, trying to figure out what games I can attend and so on. I am going to try to attend at least 13 of 15 home games, maybe both exhibition games, the away game at the Tad Pad, and the game in Jackson. The SEC home schedule works out great, 5 of the 8 games are Saturday games. Only 6 away games are not televised. The non conference home schedule is lights out with Mizzo, Miami, and Clemson even though 2 of them are on Thursday. The SEC home schedule is highlighted by TN, Ark. and UM on Sat and KY being the highlight of the mid week games (those 8 PM games aren't easy getting home at 1AM. 5 of last 8 games are on the road, so the SEC has to be won by the return of the Road Warriors. The big boys of the east are coming to Starkvegas. I'm going to break down the schedule game by game team by team in about 2 weeks. The Dogs are going to log some serious miles the week of Dec. 19, trips to Los Angeles, CA and then to Corpus Christi Texas in two days. This is heck of a home schedule and look forward to it. Ticket applications should be in the mail in the next couple of weeks and then we'll be selecting our seats again. One last thing, I am heading to Atlanta for my first SEC Tournament in March. Much much more to come. Can ya hear it. To the Hump for hoops! A good good evening and welcome to the campus of Mississippi State University for an afternoon of basketball, MISSISSIPPI STATE STYLE!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first SEC Tournment was 1996 in New Orleans. Maybe yours will be as great as mine. TV does not do the SEC tournment justice.

captaindawg

Arliss said...

Can't Wait.

Anonymous said...

Look on the post below. I gave a prediction on the schedule. I'm interested in what you think.

captaindawg

Arliss said...

I haven't looked in depth at each team yet. Without looking at our opponents, I like our chances with anyone at the Hump, we have to win on the road, not a bad prediction, but I defintely see this team in the low 20's as far as wins go, but I this team has to win some on the road if they want that may W's. The tounament in CA will give us an early indication of the maturity of this team on the road.

Anonymous said...

I think its a great pre-SEC mix of name teams, tough games and "practice" games. This is the best nonconference schedule at humphrey that I have seen since since seriously following MSU.

I would love to see an OJ Mayo/Gordon matchup in California.

captaindawg

Anonymous said...

Question. Why haven't we hired Vann Chancellor an alum? As long as we have Ms Fanning we will be mediocore at best. Chancellor could do wonders with the talent in this state.

Anonymous said...

Seems a bit weak to me. We can't afford a loss outside of the Anaheim Tournament.

Anonymous said...

Strong enough for me. We can get all the tough ones in the Ncaa.

Anonymous said...

Charles,Jamont,Jarvis,Ben,Barry are capable of playing at a very high level I think. If Ravern and Kodi are just maybe a little bit special, things might get interesting in the Hump this year. Throw in a steady Brian and Phil and we could do some disco dancing. Lets party baby! Shake yo groove thing! Showem how we do it now! In Starkvegas! Yeah,Yeah,Yeah,Yeah Havin us a ball yall

Anonymous said...

Kansas State-16 penalties Au-6 what a job,welcome to alabama. How did they catch that nba ref? wish they would do something on the college level.

Anonymous said...

oooohoo,oooohoo, take your time do it right. baby we can do it!

Anonymous said...

"oooohoo,oooohoo, take your time do it right. baby we can do it!"


what on eath is goin on here?

-mstateglfr