Looking for a place to talk MSU hoops? Look no further, all MSU hoops, all year long. Comments or questions, email me at bullybasketball@yahoo.com .

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Romero Osby


I came across this on Romero sponsored through GBOA Hoops website. He has some nice comments that solidify his commitment. The pressure from KY has put all the attention on Scotty, but Romero will be a player too. I heard several people comment that Romero played with a guard dominated lineup so he never really had a chance to showcase his skills. He'll be a player at State and can't wait to see him play. The biggest question I have is which one of our freshmen for the 08-09 season will get freshman of the year in the SEC?
Matthew 8:26 He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

anyone really know the rules for fans/alum/boosters contacting and talking to recruits?
when is it allowed? when is it not allowed? text messaging apply? email? message boards?

i saw there were comments on his blog from fans, and that brought up my question(s).

anyone know? thanks!

-mstateglfr

Arliss said...

I wondered the exact same thing. As strict as the NCAA is, I bet it would be close. I orginally had a link to his blog, be decided to only link to his profile. It I find out that it even smells like a violation I will delete the post immediately.

Anonymous said...

You can't recruit.You can't "ask" a player to come to your school.You can only talk to them about how good the hot dogs are in the concession stand,the weather, and about basketball IN GENERAL without any requests or desires that they come to your school.

No one recruited him.He was already committed when he did the blog, anyway.

I was not very impressed by the Louisville fan, though, that came on and took a "potshot" at him, but I'll just chalk that one up to what it was, which is obviously jealousy.

( I can't be too hard on the guy since I went to Louisville undergrad myself before "seeing the light" and realizing that the future of college basketball is the Mississippi State Bulldogs!).